10/17/2013


Fernando Hierro didn't have any problem giving his take of the present football world on the Radio MARCA and Onda Cero programme, 'Al Primer Toque'.

Asked about the Brazilian winger for Real Madrid, Marcelo, he had this to say: "I think that he's extraordinary, he entertains, with a street-level kind of play".

Hierro was also full of praise for French defender Varane: "There is no defender in the world like Varane at his age. He gives the impression that he has been playing for 20 years".

Hierro knows Casillas well: "Every time I see Iker in goal, he seems sure of himself. Whoever thinks he'll take being benched well is wrong. I think he needed some affection. I advised him to make a decision and to speak publically".

He also spoke about last year's manager: "I think that the loyalty that Karanka had for Mourinho has gone against him. Mourinho hasn't done right by Karanka."

Hierro was then asked to comment on Mesut Özil: "I think he is an extraodrinary player", and Zizou: "Zidane is where he wants to be, where he feels important". Finally, he was asked about about Raúl: "I think he´ll become a manager", he said.

Regarding the national team, he is in favour of its manager renewing: "Everyone likes Del Bosque; to put everyone's mind at rest, the renewal should be until 2016. From where I´m standing Vicente appears quite at ease, and motivated to continue."

Atlético striker Diego Costa is the subject of much debate: "Spain has done the right thing asking about him, now the ball is in his court".
Categories:

Follow Us

0 comments:

Post a Comment