10/17/2013


Casillas gives himself three months

Iker Casillas talked about his place at Real Madrid. Although he reiterated that he would like to retire at the club and that he wants to "play and compete more", he set a date for a change to his current situation: "If things don't change within three months and you ask me the same question, I might answer that I'm planning to leave."

Speaking during a publicity event, the Real Madrid keeper assured that his team is "on the right track" and said that what he wants now is to "feel like a player".

Casillas is unhappy with the limited game time which he has been given: "Losing the regular spot was another challenge in my life. It got to being an unusual situation, but I want to play more."

However, the shot-stopper accepts Ancelotti's decision. "It's the manager's call. There are 24 of us in the squad and we all want to play. Players are selfish – that's the mark of a true professional, as is respecting the managers' decision. What I'll have to do is train much harder so I can play."

The Real Madrid captain said more time was needed, when analysing the team's play. "There are new players and coaches, and everyone needs time to find their feet. It's difficult to ask for patience at Real, but we need time," he remarked.

When asked by the kids about the possibility of him taking on a coaching role at Real Madrid in the future, Casillas responded: "At the moment I'm not planning to be a coach in the future. I've still got some playing left in me yet."
Categories:

Follow Us

0 comments:

Post a Comment