10/17/2013

Benzema: It has been the toughest period in my career

Karim Benzema expressed relief after managing to find the back of the net in two consecutive games for France, breaking his run of 1,222 minutes without a goal for his country. The Real player described the period as "the toughest in his career".

"I've had ten good days for France because there were a lot of eyes on me. I'm coming through the toughest period in my career, but I've always believed in myself. I've never given up, and I never will give up," remarked the player after the French victory over Finland (3-0).

When asked about the whistles which were heard when he came on to the pitch to replace Giroud, he said that he "took no notice of them". He went on to say, "I was lucky enough to score and the people were happy. The important thing was to put in a good performance."
Categories:

Follow Us

0 comments:

Post a Comment